• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Which screen should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mjw21a

I'm currently looking to replace my 32" TV I use on my main rig with a 27" screen and am looking at two different screens. An Asus VE278Q and a BenQ GL2750HM

BenQ claim a 12m:1 contrast ratio and Asus a 10m:1, both a 2ms scree ns. Which should I go for do you think?

the BenQ is also about $30 cheaper. :shrug:

Hoping for a few suggestions in the next few hours if possible as I'd like to pick this up after work today. Should look far clearer than my current 32" Kogan TV ;)

Yeah.... I want to save the $30...... However the BenQ is a bit of an unknown. BenQ is a break off company from Acer.

Acer huh... Ive heard and seen some bad things with them.. But $30 really isnt that big of a difference for well known(Asus) and unknown(BenQ).. SO i prolly would go with asus.(Just me tho) :D

Perhaps the LG E2750V-PN would be worth a look. It seems to have a few slightly better reviews (what I could find) than the Asus. It's also cheap and cheerful at $299, though its rated at 5ms. Should be fast enough, I found 8ms to be sufficient years ago with a 20".

I like LG stuff. Always had good luck with them, Had a few LG tvs and always worked great, Never gave me any issues!

Hmmmm, ok leaning towards the LG. I like the design/looks of the screen and I think they're probably the best brand in this low price range for 27 inchers.....

The Philips 273E3LHSB looks ok, and I like the built in speakers, it is an ugly screen compared to the LG though and the specifications they list are a bit hard to believe. They're saying 20m:1 contrast ratio...... I call BS in relation to that.

Ok, picked up the LG. Great for gaming and general use though picture quality in movies is not particularly good. Basically the opposite of the Kogan 32" TV I used to run as a screen

Back