• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G Skill Ares Compatability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ringmaster2.0

Hi Guys, I think i just made a major booboo. I ran CPU-Z and noticed that I'm running 671.2 MHz but I purchased Ares DD3 8x2 1600. I tried to manually adjust in BIOS and it won't boot. Am i up the creek on this? :confused:

What did you set in the BIOS? If the system doesn't boot, reset the CMOS.

I have a set of 2x8 gskill ares 1600 as well, and my set is really really picky about settings. It wont overclock at all, i cant tighten the timings at all, and it also doesnt like the default speed and timings my board defaults it to for 1333 cas 9 when i clear cmos. Once i set the primary timings to 10-10-10-30-2 @1600 its fine though. If you can get into the bios after you clear cmos manually set your primary timings rather than leaving them on auto when you set it to 1600, see if that helps. My set wont even post with cas9 at 1600, and is woefully unstable with a 1t command rate instead of 2t, even though its only two sticks.

Thanks for the tip Super...much appreciated. I will make the adjustments this evening. In the event that it is a losing battle for me; any recommendations on which memory I should go with? The Gigabyte Memory List is pretty sparse.

Back