• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High Performance Overclockable Gaming Computer Build @ The Best Price

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pavin

This is my ULTIMATE GAMING COMPUTER BUILD I've come up with (as of April 2012 & at a strict budget). Just wanted to share with you guys.

Also, this setup can be highly overclocked to get the best out of it Happy Overclocking and gaming

So here it goes >>>

SPECS :

1. Motherboard -- ASUS P8Z68-M PRO Motherboard (200 $ / 74 OMR)

2. CPU (Processor)Intel 3.3 GHz LGA 1155 Core i5-2500K Processor (250 $ / 95 OMR)

3.RAM -- G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) (70 $ / 26 OMR)

4.Graphics Card -- 2 x Forsa NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card in SLI {( 230 $ / 85 OMR)x2} = [460 $ / 170 OMR)

5.Internal Hard Drive -- (i) System Drive - Kingston SSDNow V100 64 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive (SV100S2/64G) (90 $ / 34 OMR)
-- (ii)Storage Drive - Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST1000DM003) (116 $ / 43 OMR)

6. Internal Optical Dive -- Sony DRU-880S Internal Optical Drive (Black) (20 $ / OMR)

7.PC Case -- Thermaltake V9 Black Edition Mid Tower Cabinet (140 $ / 51 OMR)

8.Power Supply Unit (PSU) -- Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2UK 750 Watts PSU (136 $ / 50 OMR)

9.Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler ( 30 $ / 11 OMR)

**Total Cost -- Around 1500 USD / 555 OMR / 75000 INR (Remember , for this price you can get the best Gaming Desktop with a cool case and can surely run at almost 4.5 GHz if you rev it up a little and you have the 2 beasts in SLI (GPU's ) and you surely do get the bragging rights.

These are the current Retail Prices as of April 2012 and you may get the prices down if you know how to bargain and where to buy them

Please feel free to ask anything about the build which is still in planning stages for me. This is one of the best gaming rig build around for now at a cost, so THIS IS IT.

MODS: I didn't know where to start this thread. If you find it inappropriate here please post it in the right place. Thanks :)

This is unbeatable guys.

Even the Alienware X51 at this price point is no-match for this monster

that's a good build.. we have the same mobo and i am wondering if it support SLI because as stated in the site it only supports ati crossfire...

and btw dont get the the hyper 212 plus, get the evo. its a lot better just add 5 bucks i think

Hi, I haven't built this monster yet. This is for my friend. Obviously I don't have the money.

I will take in your suggestions. thanks.

And, the point about the EVO cooler was duly taken into account.

About the HD 7870 , I will surely consider it, and can you please explain why a single HD 7870 is better than two 560 Ti's in SLI.

Please help me build this rig.

Less power consumption AND heat, more than enough horsepower for 1080p gaming, and if you oc it's even better, whilst costing less.
Also you avoid sli driver issues and microstuttering, which plagues dual gpu setups.

7870 is not better than two 560ti sli but 560ti SLI it will produce more heat and consume alot of electricity double that of the 7870... a single 7870 will provide you with ample of power for the modern games of today. and btw it is cheaper than the 560ti SLI

That's what I meant, in my book a single 7870 is a better choice, not faster per se -though I'd like to see some benches :p-. Or maybe a 7950, if the price is low enough...

Thanks everyone. All your valuable inputs are being taken into consideration and will notify you of the appropriate changes

Back