• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headphones or gaming headset?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RaceFace

Registered
Hey,

I've been using the Turtle Beach PX21's for a good time, switching them out. Got no sound card either, although the Realtek on the P8P67 Pro has worked nice.

My question; Headphones or gaming headset?

I've been happy with the PX21's, especially because of the good bass (which is needed for me, so no digital Corsairs unless you convince me) and ability to independently alter the volume for chat (e.g Mumble) and game (e.g Diablo 3).

Any tips? Price isn't that important, although spending more than 150$ isn't really needed. (Lots are overpriced, bla bla, you get my point)

(And one other thing, would the cheapest sound cards (ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 or Auzentech 5.1) be an improvement from the Realtek?)

Do you want to use your on board sound, or do you want a USB?
I use the Sennheiser PC-350 and ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM.
If you want to use your on board, Sennheiser PC-250 you can find new on Amazon for like $130-150 or get the newer PC-360. No ability to change chat vol on headset but, can mute mic, and I just use vent/Teamspeek to control the chat vol.

For USB- I hear the Logitech G35 are nice, a few friends use them and like them alot.

Back