• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed Win7 on SSD, old HDD not showing up correctly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fiery Winds

I just installed Windows 7 on my new SSD (Intel 520 120GB) and made the bonehead move of installing the OS while my other two HDDs were connected. :bang head

Current Setup:

SSD: Win7
HDD1 Partition 1: Win7 OS
HDD1 Partition 2: Data
HDD2 Partition 1: Steam
HDD2 Partition 2: Backup

I can access HDD2 just fine, but HDD1 that previously held Windows was unallocated space according to Win7 Disk Management.

I was able to partially fix it by reinstalling Win7 on the SSD with it being the only drive connected, running CHKDSK on HDD1 and it did about a 30 minute scan of "Orphaned Files". After booting up Win7 on the SSD, I could now see HDD1.

Here's the problem:

While HDD1 Partition 1 shows up in the same state as yesterday, HDD1 Partition 2 shows a state from 6 months ago. Same organization and files. I'm currently running Easeus Data Recovery Wizard but that is estimated to take 12 hours, and I want to see if there is a faster way to restore the state as of yesterday.

Back