• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

280GTX Green light but computer wont run ?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Whitez

Hello
so, when my 280 GTX is at red light the motherboard works normally with the cpu and computer but obviously it dose not work.
but when it gose green and its ready to work . the whole motherboard wont work . cpu fans or anything the only thing that happen that i hear i weird electrical buzzz and nothing runs .. Any idea how to fix this

regards
Whitez

Power Supply : omega model atx-1000 " 1000 watt output "
Motherboard : P8H61-MLE
CPU : INTEL I5 2500K
Ram : 2x2 ddr3 1333mz
GPU : 280GTX

can you try running the system without the GPU? if it runs, run it again with the GPU but with a different power supply. how old is the system?

this is all new .. that's why I'm starting to wonder . with my 3 year old parts same problem .. and now same problem even with a new 1000 watt power supply
i bought new parts because i guessed my old parts don't support the GPU

- yes the computer works with the card being RED = not getting enough power i guess, which means it works with out the card yes

have you tried that card in other system aside from those two? is that card old? its highly unlikely a 1000w PSU cant power that card unless its of poor made/quality... i suggest try running that card on a system with a high quality PSU (like corsair, seasonic).. if it doesnt work, then the GPU is the problem

Back