• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

worth my time to move to the 6950?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I'm glad you convinced me to wait, because I just picked up an MSI 7850 Twin Frozr edition card for 190 bucks from newegg's open box section. I figure I can sell my 6850 on ebay for about 100ish dollars, so this was a decent buy!

Seems like the 6950 is really $249.99 it's just that they give you a Dirt 3 coupon worth $49.99, so the card really isn't $200 otherwise I would consider jumping on this. I've been considering pulling the trigger on a 7850 as well, but they don't seem to be in stock.

They had a 50 dollars off code yesterday when I posted this, so it was 199 and a free game. I was going to post the link to the open box 7850, but I think I grabbed the last one as it too is now out of stock.

i wouldn't upgrade yet, the output difference is not yet enough to justify an upgrade, is there particular games or programs you need this for?

next month you will see a big drop in the 79** series, due to reviling of the new GTX and AMD's own flagship card the 7990 coming out.

Back