• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phantasy Star Online 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kohta

Version
0.01.0 - Updated English patch Spelling Errors
0.01.1a - Bugs fixed with download link
0.10.0 - Added Breast size translation
0.11.0 - English patch causing errors with bulldozer fixed
0.11.0a - 16:10 resolution not scaling (not fixed - Known)
0.12.0 - 16:10 resolution scales correctly with English patch
0.12.1 - Updated link to English patch working mirror
0.12.2 - Link to Benchmark, newer version
0.12.3 - Nvidia GPUs now offload PhysX with 301.42
1.13.0 - SLi compatible, Rated Excellent

Sega and Nvidia recently released a Phantasy Star Online 2 Benchmark and Character creator, once you create your character you can actually file save it and use it in the full version.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Benchmark/Character Creator
http://http.download.nvidia.com/downloads_apac/benchmark/nvidia-sega-pso2-benchmark.zip

Unofficial English Patch
English Patch

1. Install the Benchmark
2. Unzip the English Patch
3. Paste the files from the English patch into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_CHARACTERCREATOR\pso2charactercreator_bin\data\win32

4. Launch the benchmark

Click This
FpnhM.jpg

Set Textures to 5 [Max]
Ikc7M.png
In your settings options, you can quickly set the graphical settings for the game. Level Five is the highest and Level One is the lowest. Please note that there are 2 shader options, simple and standard. Your graphics card may not be able to handle standard shaders and can crash the game to desktop. You may need to update your graphics card drivers for it to work. Any setting 3 or higher will use standard shaders by default.

For ease i have filled out this section in the image
m1zeD.jpg

Shader Settings
z1chD.jpg
テクスチャ解像度: Texture Resolution [Left Column]

高解像度 High Resolution
通常 Normal
圧縮 Compressed

シェーダー品質: Shader Quality [Right Column]

標準 Standard
簡易 Simple

TIP/TRICK: You can create a character first, once you create it, instead of Saving it right away, hit [Continue] at the bottom of the character page, it will prompt you to save, name your file and hit Continue again. Your characters file enters the roster and will be shown during the benchmark!

Post your created character, benchmark scores along with system information! If you need any help feel free to ask here or PM me.

**Open Beta (JP) scheduled for release late june.
**PSO2 will be free to play with a Micro transaction system for cosmetic items.

Last edited:
would really like to see somebodies results with a GTX 680.

Score with Signature Rig. 560 ti 448 core Ultra Classified stock, 4.5ghz 2600k 1920x1080

mQTcm.jpg

Will this be a buy and play MMO or a pay to play MMO?
If the former, very interested, if the latter, completely disinterested.

im sure it will be a pay to play saga wont go to free play now they have tasted many monthly memberships on psu.

im sure it will be a pay to play saga wont go to free play now they have tasted many monthly memberships on psu.

Phantasy Star Online 2 will be Free to Play with optional Cash Shop items that will be Cosmetic, they have stated in an interview they will not sell player advancing items such as experience boosters or anything that gives an advantage, it will be aesthetic changes, along with the usual appearance change.

Freemium may be the future for MMORPGs, but Sega is still taking a big, laudable risk with Phantasy Star Online 2.

Polish up them mags, son, because Phantasy Star Online is coming back! As reported at the end of March, Sega is bringing Pantasy Star Online 2 to nearly every gaming device under the sun over the next twelve months, including Android phones, iOS handhelds, PCs and Sony’s PlayStation Vita. What’s more, Phantasy Star Online 2 will be entirely free to play. Considering that free to play means many different things to many different games, Sega detailed this week just what it means when it says that PSO2 is free.

In this week’s Famitsu magazine (via a translation in Kotaku), Phantasy Star Online 2 producer Satoshi Sakai promised that even though his game will be free to play, that doesn’t mean the meat of the experience will be sealed behind a pay wall. “We are seeking to create a business model that functions while still allowing PSO2 to remain as much of an enjoyable experience as possible. There is nothing that requires payment that will take away from the intrinsic game experience if they are not purchased,” said Sakai, “By allowing a well made game like PSO to be accessible to more people, we felt that we had a chance to teach people, ‘This is what RPGs are supposed to be like.’”

What will players pay for? Light character and game space upgrades—PSO2 players will have their own rooms—as well as additional storage and trading options with other players.

People spend a whole lot on virtual goods in free to play games. Juniper Research found that revenue from the sale of virtual goods totaled more than $2 billion in 2011 and will grow to just under $5 billion by 2016. Phantasy Star Online 2 could bring Sega some much needed cash flow, especially considering how poorly the company’s done in recent months. It’s still an incredibly risky move to develop a game for platforms like Vita that require almost no monetary investment from players.

Sakai doesn’t seem to concerned by the risk though. “I honestly think Sega is the only maker that is willing to go this far. Even if we fail, if we can get people to say ‘They were five years ahead of their time’ then I’ll have no regrets. I believe that there’s meaning in the challenge itself.”

Who cares that the man is making a game where grown men will likely walk around as pig-tailed anime girls fighting space lizards! Sakai has a vision and that’s admirable all on its own.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is expected out this fall on PC, with other versions to follow in 2013.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...ne-2s-risky-free-to-play-model/#ixzz1wRCAaVer

oh sweet i probably would have payed them there $10 monthly had they asked i always loved phantasy star=)

oh sweet i probably would have payed them there $10 monthly had they asked i always loved phantasy star=)

Same here, what i'm going to do, is put $10 or $15 a month in a savings account that i normally would have paid a monthly subscription and have that for the things my wife and i want in PSO2 when it comes along. The Cash shop, if thats what you want to call it, was semi set up in the beta for viewing, it's not on your HUD like most F2p's, you go to a store inside the lobby area or access it from your rooms computer, they had only a couple of things on display and one was a very skimpy swim suit (atleast for females) and it was bout 400 yen, i think thats about $5, permanent and you can use it as armor since your defense comes from shield slot items, there was another slot on a tab i couldn't understand and i believe it was there specifically to place cosmetic things that will go over the armor, it appeared to be an underwear, body, 2x head (accessories?) hands, feet, back, hair(you can buy hair to go over yours and have both hairs anytime .... and something else.. i think it was for weapons or it had something to do with arms, i didn't take screen shots of the tab.

Oh yeah and that tab also had a ticker box that showed you in underwear even though you had the armor on still, i'm guess it's there to switch back and forth to cosmetics and armor on the fly without inventory clutter/taking stuff on and off. Just a guess honestly, my Japanese is pretty basic, all i could understand was body and hair in the menu.

If you want too, you can go ahead and create a character, save it as you work on it every now and then until release and you can extract the file from the folder and use that saved character in the game without having to go through the creator again.

Iv'e already made about 3 characters, i work on them little by little, when i step away for a day or so and come back i notice things i want to fix, i'll take some screens of her alittle later and share.

I'm going to toss up a guide pretty soon on how to make a character effectively, since this character creator is ridiculously huge.

This isn't my saved character, i'm showing screen shots of the list of things you can change if you look on the left side each of those options has an independent window with more options, the four windows i have open there are an example of the content you might find in each option. If you have an idea of what you want your character to look like already, you will spend a lot of time in this creator, i will write up a little guide along with some tips on the UI and intermissions when you should take breaks and come back, because our brains ability to do anatomical recognition isn't exactly good at doing it real time, you will waste your time if you don't save and come back to it later. I will also write up how to save your progress visually as you are finishing up, this way, incase something goes wrong with your character back up, you will have numbers and visuals to recreate it in just a few minutes.

qYELk.jpg
iLPQV.jpg
AcmMF.jpg

Last edited:
Back