• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC mushkin on Gigabyte UD7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zero_Exe

Hi everyone

Im now getting into overclocking myself. I am new at it, so i will do my utmost to learn and remember any tips and help i can get to overclocking.

Heres my Build:

AMD 8150 (stock)
Mushkin Redline 1866 (running stock, which i think is 1333 or 1066)
Gigabyte 6970 Stock O.C. 2 Gb Graphics card.
Gigabyte 990FX UD7 mobo
Coolermaster 750W GX
NZXT Phantom Black
Mushkin Chronos SSD

Today i want to OC my Mushkin to 1866. In the bios if i do it, it will obviosly BSOD. How do i go about this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mushking website says:

9.10.9.27 1.5 V

Do i increase the voltage? Also im running 16 GB (4X4)

Last edited:
:welcome:

Can you post a link to the Mushkin you have? The 1.5v seems a little low.

Don't jump to thinking it will blue screen right away because as long as you set to manufacturer specs you might be ok. Assuming your motherboard and chip can handle it that is. Set your voltage to the Mushkin spec voltages then set the spec timings. Whats the worst that can happen, you have to reboot? If it crashes then go for the voltage bumps. Go for it.

thanms for the replys, but things have changed. My gigabyte mobo sound port went dead so i returned it and baught the Asus crosshair 5.
however..
i have run into an issue with the crosshair. It wont post. At all. power goes to the mobo, everything boots fine, just no post.

I read somewhere that the bios may be incompatible with the FX series chips.

But what about the possibility that the mobo is incompatible with the mushkin redline?

I'm running Mushkin Radio Active ram in my Asus P6X58-E WS board with zero issues.

Have you cleared the cmos by removing the battery?

Back