• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP combo finally arrives!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rfeng

Well, after waiting over 25 days for AccessMicro to ship me my Epox 8KHA+/XP1800+ combo, it has finally arrived. Problem is I am on vacation in Orlando and the stuff is sitting at work in Massachusetts. Ugh! Why do I have this urge to go home early?
Any advise on where to start OC'ing this thing? This will be my first forray into the crazy world of Overclocking!:D What is a reasonable expextation for an OC of this combo? 1.67Ghz? Higher?
-JR

Currently I have the same setup running at 1.633.

You should be able to get that speed if not higher.

With good cooling, Vmod, and unlocked Multipliers, 1.7 shouldn't be very hard either, but it also depends on which stepping it is.

Note the sig....1800mhz if you cool it well and a peltier isn't necessary to hit 1800 either, I don't think. Mine was more of an experiment that managed to work so I haven't touched it since. Get a Swiftech MCX462 and a 68CFM Delta fan on it and with 1.85v and an unlocked multiplier you should hit 1750mhz easily.

donny_paycheck said:
Note the sig....1800mhz if you cool it well and a peltier isn't necessary to hit 1800 either, I don't think. Mine was more of an experiment that managed to work so I haven't touched it since. Get a Swiftech MCX462 and a 68CFM Delta fan on it and with 1.85v and an unlocked multiplier you should hit 1750mhz easily.

air cooled pelt?!?!?! i heard that wouldent work could u tell me what hsf and how powerfull the pelt is and maybe some temps?

I have a Swiftech MCX462 with a 48CFM FFB0812HHE Delta focused flow fan and a 80 watt TEC module. If the pelt is small enough and the heat sink is big enough then it'll handle the load. In most cases it won't though. XPs are a possibility but with a tbird forget it...they generate way too much heat for an 80w module and a heat sink isn't enough to handle more than 80 watts.

Idle: Ambient or 5C below
Full load: 5C above ambient

This is at 1.85v core.

Back