• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Accelero Hybrid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boosteeddc

one of those corsair H series look alike water coolers for gpu is coming in may, supports most amd and nvidia gpu's, finally something for my hd7870 anyone else as excited as i am?

personally i think 99$ for the xtreme II is a waste, thats no difference compared to the stock sapphire cooler thats on it already

personally i think 99$ for the xtreme II is a waste, thats no difference compared to the stock sapphire cooler thats on it already

Have you tested them head to head? The Xtreme II is only 68 bucks. The Xtreme 3 which is identical to the Xtreme II is 100.

Also the Xtreme 2 keeps my overclocked 7850 at 57C

photobucket-2529-1334874031651.jpg

Stock cooler works fine. If noise doesn't botter you, you won't get better performance with better cooling. Unless you freeze it.

Sounds legit for my 580 gtx, lol.

I'd like to see overclocked load temps under 75C without having the fans go to warp speed.

Stock cooler works fine. If noise doesn't botter you, you won't get better performance with better cooling. Unless you freeze it.

Far from the truth. Stock cooler is garbage compared to aftermarket cooling. And the cooler you get it, the more overclocking headroom you have (up to the card limits... If you hit YOUR cards limit on stock cooling, then yes it does no good).

I know stock cooler on my 7970 SUCKS compared to the Accelero. I load 30c cooler at the same voltage, a voltage I couldnt run on the stock cooler due to it hitting 90c. Oh, and its nearly silent :D

With fan running 100% (yes noisy...), I've always hit the cards limit before temp limit.

With the 5 last ones at least (all ATI/AMD:5770 ref, 6950 TFII, 6970 ref, 5830 Sapphire Xtreme and 5830 MSI TFII)... max temp 65 to 70°C with 1.3v and custom fan profile @100%from 65°C and up for the ref designs.
TFIIs run much cooler though (never above 55°C/60%@max OC), but temperature has never been source of instability at max voltage (without modding).

But... but... but... I'll have to check with my GTX 580 as soon as it comes back from RMA.

Back