• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7850 only running at 600mhz?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rescuetoaster

Hey guys, bit of a problem here. I just installed my 7850 last night, and now that I'm playing around with it I see that the core clock is at 600mhz. It's the MSI Twin Frozr 7850, and it should be 860 at stock. What's going on? I just replaced my 6850 with it, and installed catalyst 12.4 immediately after. GPU-Z and 3dmark 11 both read it at 600.

I did. Still read it at 600.

I should mention that the reason I noticed it in the first place is because I was going to do a bit of overclocking in CCC, and it too puts it at 600 mhz.

Well for whatever reason, the 12.4 driver didn't install properly, so I removed it and reinstalled it. Reported core speed at 900 after that, so it should be all good.

i had the same problem with my 6950 it turned out it was broken but try it in another computer 1st

Back