• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crossfire 6670

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jirokarja17

this might be old new but i just want someone to tell me. i have the a8 3850 cpu and it is crossfire with the 6670. and im afraid to say that i cant tell if it is in crossfire mode or not. from doing research on the web, 1 person said that in the system information under display it is suppose to say 6690D while others say it suppose to say 6000 series. on the other hand when i look in amd vision center under performance and gaming tabs it does say duel graphic mode and it does say enable.. how ever if there something more i could do just to figure out if my computer is running in crossfire that would be great...

Download GPUz it will miss read it but if dual graphics is on it should report AMD 6670 Crossfire on 3x. The dual graphics mode is actually a fair bit more complex than simple crossfire. It will only show 6690D if your using an OEM machine that came with the APU and 6670 on the motherboard.

They perform the same task but the way in which they work is different. In the first drivers that supported the APU they used the same crossfire algorithms as other cards do and the performance suffered for it. in 11.14/15 and 12.1 they reworked it into its own particular mode and the performance gain jumped up about 20% from previous versions.

i downloaded the GPUz and at the bottom it say crossfire enable(2 gpu's) so i guess it working...

Back