• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8gb gskill flare 2000mhz cas 7 only rated 5.5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fenix1016

Registered
OK i haven't used my desktop in a good while and diablo 3 is coming out soon so i cleaned it out and did a fresh install after the install and all the drivers i took a quick look at the windows index thing just for fun as I know it doesn't truly show a comps capability but i was looking seen 7.* for all but the ram shows only 5.5 it used to be at least 7.7

i checked timings and all the things on my board everythings still set up like its used to im still running at 2000 mhz at cas 7 and i ran the mem diag tool in windows it didnt find anything wrong with it but seeing as its still showing only 5.5 it gives me a feeling somethings wrong with my ram or has the new generations of ram really changed that much that the index has changed

anyone have any ideas what i may be missing or what i should be looking at id rather check make sure everythings ok before i just sign it off to the windows index still being a bad rating system

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 76
WEI is absolutely useless as a benchmark. A benchmark provides consistent results across tests. There is no way to know why it is giving a certain score or a way to compare with other scores.

If your speeds and timings are stock, then don't worry about it.

I know its worthless but to me it seemed like something was wrong and i figured out what it was it was a bad install of 7 as there were many features missing and things like that i just did a fresh install and the rams back to 7.5 right around where it used to be pre overclocking

One thing I notice is that your CPUNB frequency is still stock at 2000 mhz. You can get a considerable memory performance improvement in benchmarks if you increase the CPUNB frequency to say 2600-2800 mhz. You would also need to add some extra CPUNB voltage to cover that, however, maybe 1.25 volts. Whether or not WEI would reflect that tweak I don't know. WEI tends to look at only very basic parameters when calculating its scores, the broad stroke of things. I'm not even sure it actually measures performance in all cases but simply estimates it based on the ratings of the various components.

sadly, the WEI comes back to amount of ram as much as performance of ram. totally useless as a test of speed or ability

Back