• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Storm Trooper Chassis fans not showing up in Asus Monitoring tool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maximillion82

Registered
Hello I just bought an assembled my new PC I have an intel i7 3770k with a CM Storm Trooper Case.
I went to the Asus fan monitor tool and I noticed that only the CPU fan and one chassis fan (Chassis Fan 3) show up in the monitor tool. I checked all the fans and they are spinning. Did I assemble something wrong, do I have to configure the tool somehow, or is the tool just simply no good?

Thank you all for posting a reply.

- Intel Core i7 3770k stock clock, Asus P8Z77-V Pro,CM Storm Trooper Case, G. Skill Ripjaw X 8GB (2x4GB) @ 2133MHz, Crucial M4 256 SSD, Sapphire Radeon 7950 OC, CM Silent Pro 850W Modular PSU, LG BH12 BluRay Drive -

i use storm trooper

how are the fans connected?
the chassis comes with its own fan controller.. if you connect to that and not the motherboard, then it won't show. advantage of connecting to the front fan controller is of course you can turn the lights on and off, and control the speed manually anytime. :) but if you dont wanna do that, just connect them to the mother board. :)

btw, what MOBO u using? :)

i use storm trooper

how are the fans connected?
the chassis comes with its own fan controller.. if you connect to that and not the motherboard, then it won't show. advantage of connecting to the front fan controller is of course you can turn the lights on and off, and control the speed manually anytime. :) but if you dont wanna do that, just connect them to the mother board. :)

btw, what MOBO u using? :)

I am using an Asus P8Z77-V Pro. I do have it connected to the cases fan controller, I guess that's the issue, I am not a fan of the lights so I like to have them off, also the tower allows me to easily regulate the fan speed which is a nice feature I don't want to give up. If this is the reason I am not worried and I can live with not seeing the fans in the monitor tool.
I just haven't built a PC in a very long time and I was worried that I hooked something up wrong, which could cause damage in the long-run.

Back