• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone taken their XBOX apart yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its totally worthless to take a part an X-box to put on ASIII and a better fan. Waste your time with something else. Or mod the case that would be much cooler. Like the game cube thats on the site.

Well the air comming out of the back of it is really hot. I want it to be cooler so that I know that its not too hot in there. I am just doin this for fun. I like to modify things its my hobbie.

{PMS}fishy said:
Its totally worthless to take a part an X-box to put on ASIII and a better fan. Waste your time with something else. Or mod the case that would be much cooler. Like the game cube thats on the site.

I agree. There is not much you can do to make it better besides make it cool better.

This may help you. here is a link of an X-box taken apart. And This is about the best way to cool an X-box you'll find anywhere.;)

That is a pretty sweet job. But whats the point. Lets waste time and money so we can brag to people that its water cooled. Wow im not impressed. Now it will last longer and run cooler. Big deal, it will be obselete befroe it burns out. My NES still works but do I use it, Hell NO! Water cool your computer and leave video game systems alone.

Im off to water cool my VCR so I can rewind tapes faster.

No point to do anything to an XBox besides the fact it can be done. I am getting "burned out" no pun, with video games. There are so many new systems. I do not want to have to buy new games every year.

Speaking of overclocking the XBox, has anybody done anything to the PS2? I suspect it would be almost impossible to add a fan to the Gamecube because it is so small.

{PMS}fishy said:
That is a pretty sweet job. But whats the point. Lets waste time and money so we can brag to people that its water cooled. Wow im not impressed. Now it will last longer and run cooler. Big deal, it will be obselete befroe it burns out. My NES still works but do I use it, Hell NO! Water cool your computer and leave video game systems alone.

Im off to water cool my VCR so I can rewind tapes faster.

Dude, that's the point. You don't have to be productive in everythinhg you do. Is there an advantage to adding a window to your computer? No. You just want to, so you do it.
Same thing here.

Back