• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble overclocking GIGABYTE 560ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GlassToTheArson

So, I've tried overclock my GPU using EVGA Precision X. My base mhz. is at 822. I overclocked by increasing the voltage by 10 mhz at a time, and then tested it using Furmark. I got it up to around 922 mhz with no problems, but once I started actually putting the card under load in games like Skyrim and BF3, my system started freezing. I don't get any artifacts or anything, my system just crashes. Is there something I should be doing differently? I really don't want to risk breaking something.

How long do you test with Furmark? What drivers are you using? What temperatures is your card reaching under load? And by "increasing the voltage 10mhz at a time" You mean you increase the core frequency?

I've got the Gigabyte 560Ti OC, pre-overclocked at 900mhz.

Using the 300 beta drivers, with 1.1v, I've managed to get the core stable at 940mhz.

EDIT: I use MSI Afterburner 2.2.0

How long do you test with Furmark? What drivers are you using? What temperatures is your card reaching under load? And by "increasing the voltage 10mhz at a time" You mean you increase the core frequency?

I've got the Gigabyte 560Ti OC, pre-overclocked at 900mhz.

Using the 300 beta drivers, with 1.1v, I've managed to get the core stable at 940mhz.

EDIT: I use MSI Afterburner 2.2.0

Whoops, yes that's what I meant.

I know I'm using the latest drivers, and under furmark I test for 60 seconds at a time. My temp peaks at about 73-74 celcius.

Back