• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to oc'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dodenburg

i7 920 @ 2.66
Asus P6T SE Mainboard
3 x 2mb triple set OCZ OCZ3OB1600LV2G (running at 533mhz 1066)
ZALMAN CNPS 9900 MAX Processor cooler
200mm front intake fan
200mm top Fan
120 mm rear fan
CM Storm Enforcer Case
Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W Power supply
2 x saphire 6850 cards running at stock speeds (top card does get a little hot in games due to small clearance between them)

I really don't want to trash my computer the first time i try to overclock and am a bit dubious of changing the bios settings. Can anyone post screenshots of a modest bios setup say 3.4 - 3.6 ghz for the above setup please

Regards

Welcome to the forums Dodenburg, overclocking isn't as simple as just plugging numbers in and viola it's OC'ed. No two cpu's are the same and there are so many other factors that will effect your overclock. I would suggest to you to read the stickies in the intel OC section and get more comfortable with overclocking through your bios. Start out by downloading cpuid "cpu-z and hwmonitor" to help monitor your system. Download "prime 95" and run a blend torture test to see where your temps stand at stock speeds and then post back here. There are plenty of people here that are able to guide you through the process of overclocking your cpu. Just remember that even if you have seen people clock there 920's to 3.4-3.6 doesn't mean yours is going there.

thanks for the reply Mandrake, I've set the screenshot link to public now so you should be able to see the image

Back