• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got my 300a to 525MHz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker550

That celeron is the newer PPGA verson, but itll do 525MHz at 117fsb at 2.0 volts! upping the voltage doesnt help, not even at 2.4! heatsink is hardly warm! itll complete quake3 and 3dmark at 117fsb. at 120fsb for 540MHz, itll just complete quake3 but locks at 3dmark. itll load windows at 124fsb but lock in about 30 seconds or when I load something. itll post at 126 and no higher. I was hopping for 600MHz :( guess Ill need to keep buying the 300a ppga till i get one that does 100% oc instead of 75% at 525, its as fast as a 366@575 due to fsb advantage :)

nice oc man....at least you passed that 50% oc that has been daunting me for quite some time....

that's a pretty good o/c, man...only 41 ppl ahead of you in the DB...keep burning, you'll get 600...

funnyperson1 said:
nice oc man....at least you passed that 50% oc that has been daunting me for quite some time....

were you trying the 300a for 450? was it slot1? the ppga's OC far better :) one 366 does 550, the other 575! I gotta update my sig soon :)

takiwa said:
that's a pretty good o/c, man...only 41 ppl ahead of you in the DB...keep burning, you'll get 600...

can I burn it in with 3dmark 2001 by using a loop od 100, which will take like 10 hours? I can always abort by esc key :) I can use 66fsb and 2.4v to burn. will I lose the burn in if I remove cpu and put in another mobo? how long does it need to burn? once I burn in, will it be permaent, no matter which mobo I use it on? will it burn in better at lower fsbs or higher voltages? I have an lx board that has 60fsb but only 2.3v. is that still better?

can I burn it in with 3dmark 2001 by using a loop od 100, which will take like 10 hours? I can always abort by esc key
that would be a fine burn-in...
I can use 66fsb and 2.4v to burn. will I lose the burn in if I remove cpu and put in another mobo?
You never "lose" a burn-in...what you do to the inside of a chip during burn-in is permanent...
how long does it need to burn?
As long as you want it to, generally anytime you aren't using the computer for something else...
once I burn in, will it be permaent, no matter which mobo I use it on?
You never "lose" a burn-in...what you do to the inside of a chip during burn-in is permanent...
will it burn in better at lower fsbs or higher voltages?
Yes...
I have an lx board that has 60fsb but only 2.3v. is that still better?
I would concentrate on the highest voltage first, then the lowest FSB, so I would use the other board...

your advice has been most helpful :) think a 8-12 hour burn in will do? hope I can make this little chip sweat! Ill let you guys know if it does any good. do burn ins always help? If you have any questions for me, ill be glad to help you too :)

no actually that 50% has laughed me in the face with 46% on my PIII 600 and 48% on my celeron tualatin....:mad:

actually, I don't have a question, but some more advice...

Don't wait for the Pentium VII to come out before you try a Tualatin Celly....

*cough...dusts off Overclocker550's sig....cough.....cough

:D :D :D

takiwa said:
actually, I don't have a question, but some more advice...

Don't wait for the Pentium VII to come out before you try a Tualatin Celly....

*cough...dusts off Overclocker550's sig....cough.....cough

:D :D :D

Agreed, try of today's recent technology and you'll never be pleased with the past.

funnyperson1 said:
no actually that 50% has laughed me in the face with 46% on my PIII 600 and 48% on my celeron tualatin....:mad:

how much have you burnt that celeron? just 2 more fsb to reach the magical 50%. try running it at 667 and up the voltage a bit and burn it overnight :) what happens when you try using 150fsb? how stable is it

Yodums said:

Agreed, try of today's recent technology and you'll never be pleased with the past.

LOL Im getting a thunderbird 1.3GHz soon. that wont overclock well, but I can buy the celerons for the overclocking and use the t-bird for gamin :)

Overclocker550 said:

how much have you burnt that celeron? just 2 more fsb to reach the magical 50%. try running it at 667 and up the voltage a bit and burn it overnight :) what happens when you try using 150fsb? how stable is it

i havent tried 150 cause 148 uis a bit unstable.....crashes during 3dmark...147 seems to run fine...also i did attempt a burn in its just that its soo slow i cnat handle it i hate to see so much folding time waste...i guess i burn it in right now..what the heck eh?

Why not wait for the P4 to become cheaper, rather than jump on the AMD bandwagon?

I just saw the picture of the Upcoming ClawHammer and Sledge Hammer.

I think you may be better off wait for that platform to arrive

The 1.6a and 1.8a Northwood's are already cheap, and with a good cooler your expecting high FSB's.

Errr no overclocking, let me tell you that's just too hard to fight.

Peter007 said:
Why not wait for the P4 to become cheaper, rather than jump on the AMD bandwagon?

I just saw the picture of the Upcoming ClawHammer and Sledge Hammer.

I think you may be better off wait for that platform to arrive

I did wait, but cant wait anymore.

pentium4 motherboards= $150
256mb rambus= $200? not sure but its very expensive
1.6GHz northwood=$150
chance of getting it to 133fsb=75%
chance of getting it to 150fsb=8%

athlon thunderbird mobo=$30 used which I paid that much
1.3GHz thunderbird cpu=$80 with hsf :) I bought one too
256mb pc133 ram=$50! and I already have enough of that :)
no need to buy more, although I could, I can live for now

so basically I paid $110 something for 1.3GHz power which is as fast as a 1.6GHz northwood. if I needed more, I can get the athlonXP and itll match a 1.6GHz overclocked on 133fsb for half the price :)

Yodums said:
The 1.6a and 1.8a Northwood's are already cheap, and with a good cooler your expecting high FSB's.

Errr no overclocking, let me tell you that's just too hard to fight.

its(the p4) an expensive overclock. I buy celerons for like $15 or so and overclock em. its like a sport for me :)

I buy celerons for like $15 or so and overclock em. its like a sport for me

i see, having fun tho! that'z why we keep puching!:)

Yodums said:
My advice is you use DDR on AMD, you'll see much of a difference.

I doubt the kt133 takes ddr, but it takes pc133. benchmarks show that ddr is only about 10% faster but the ram cost $80 for 256mb and I paid that much for the whole cpu and $30 for the mobo. ill get 180fps instead of 200, big deal :) Ill have to see how it performs though for sure. i just estimated. if that doesnt beat my celeron 550MHz by enough, ill just resell it and wait a few more years. I know new games require fast cpus, and mines verrrrrrrrrry fast already. if a game requires 800MHz p3, that means my 550MHz celeron can run the game fine, since its as fast as an 800MHz p3 :)

Back