• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[NEWS] EVGA Recalls GTX 670 SC Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

From TUP:
http://www.techpowerup.com/166179/EVGA-Undertakes-Mini-Recall-Of-GeForce-GTX-670-SC-Owners-To-Get-FTW-as-Replacements.html said:
EVGA is said to have isolated a small batch of GeForce GTX 670 SC (SuperClocked), model# 02G-P3-2672-KR graphics cards, which were not properly screened through Quality Assurance (QA). The company worked with its partners to get these cards re-tested through the QA, which concluded that the GTX 670 SC is a well-designed product. EVGA assured current owners of the part in question, that should they notice issues with their products, they should get in touch with EVGA's Jacob Freeman (jacobf[at]evga[dot]com), who will assist in setting up an RMA. Further, EVGA assured that in such cases, the returned GTX 670 SC will be replaced with a faster GTX 670 FTW Edition.

Great to see them proactively taking care of their customers. :thup:

Hope they don't become the new ocz. Apparently they're phasing out their lifetime warranty slowly. I was surprised to see on their website that where I expected to see limited lifetime of the 6 series cards it's now 3 years like everyone. That safety net was why they've always been my go to brand but now I may as well go asus and get something well made. Hopefully this isn't a sign of worse things to come.

Back