• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Torchlight 2 Beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OOh e-mails
Was it a separate sign up or was it part of the pre-order?

I've been reading up on D3. LOL. I wasn't getting it b/c of the always online DRM, but the more I hear, the more I'm convinced that D3 is a dud. (I mean, what harm can come from a company making money on trading when said company controls the flow of trading items??)

Anyways. No fair. I have not gotten a T2 beta key yet. I even registered for one only very recently!

Anyone playing this? Friend of mine said TL2 is more of TL. Which is not a bad thing, but he's hoping TL2 multi-player adds some needed spice.

Well basically D3 and TL2 its almost the same thing. If not mistaken TL its also made by the ppl from Diablo

Only well if u compare TL 1 and DL 2 , TL 1 the skills etc is hell lot more epic and gay !

I really like TL its cheaper too actually and i doubt it will have epic failing server downing when the day release as D3 now !

Well basically D3 and TL2 its almost the same thing. If not mistaken TL its also made by the ppl from Diablo

Only well if u compare TL 1 and DL 2 , TL 1 the skills etc is hell lot more epic and gay !

I really like TL its cheaper too actually and i doubt it will have epic failing server downing when the day release as D3 now !

Not entirely true, there are some similar developers but only a couple. As far as D3 goes the servers for Asia are having a hard time but US seems to be doing okay a fair majority of the time. Also in terms of server down time for TL2, that shouldn't be an issue because if I'm not mistaken TL2 single player will not require you to connect to a server to play, in fact it shouldn't even require you to have internet at all, but again I could be mistaken.

@op I'll keep my eye on my emails because I'd actually really like to try out TL2, absolutely loved the first one!

Well ASIA here is having a big big problem , i think , i think only ASIA players is more compare to US or maybe Blizzard dont care about us ASIAN and make a tiny puny server here.

Hey TL2 BETA is on for the Weekend = p

Yes thats the problem for everyone now , i hate it too , because i said many times in many places D3 has officially become a MMORPG ! Thats a bad idea ! They shouldnt do that this whats the problem. If we want to play SOLO let us stay offline , if we want to team then only make us go online zz

EDIT : Anyways finally i got my TL2 BETA key , something to cloud my rage about D3

It was freaking awwwwesooommme ! Its almost just like D3 yet i guess its better lol ?

Who here is playing an Ember Mage , any advice on what stats to lvl up ?

I notice now we can lvl up our skills / spells up to lvl 15 , wao , so i guess we can be like a pure breed or something now = 0

What is that bar in the mid where u will charge up over time and becomes blue, i dont c they explaining anything about that.

It looks familiar but i forgotten

Last edited:
Aytie, well, I got my open beta key, I feel specials!

TL2 is TL1, but refined. Still a bit cartoonish, but gameplay feels "tighter" and the text for item descriptions looks much nicer. Also like the tabbed screens for skills, quests, items, pet, etc.

Hopefully, MP will add a bunch. gonna try that with some friends tonight, I hope.

You have to sign up for a Runic Games account and opt in to receive newsletters. The opt in to receive newsletters part is the beta opt in step. As far as I know they've never sent out an actual newsletter so you don't have to worry about getting a bunch of emails from them other than if you get accepted into the beta.

You have to sign up for a Runic Games account and opt in to receive newsletters. The opt in to receive newsletters part is the beta opt in step. As far as I know they've never sent out an actual newsletter so you don't have to worry about getting a bunch of emails from them other than if you get accepted into the beta.

Yep like he said , u first have to sign up for a RUNIC acc, then whenever they have a BETA key they will EMAIL u the key.

I got mine on last Friday , when i sign up instantly right when they wanted to start BETA weekend , so i instantly got my BETA i been playing since then. It was awesome ! The server doesnt get flooded even everyone was force to only play INTERNET at that time not like Diablo3 !

Anyways i think BETA is ended for now , till Tuesday. Im already Wednesday here =(

I stand corrected. I did eventually receive an email about the beta.

Got beta never fired it up :( Was to into playing D3 at the time, and needed a little break for a few days, had to catch up on some work.

Have people enjoyed this? I have been hearing it is just more of TL1 (TL1 is a great game for the money but never had any longevity) So I was hoping for a bit more. Maybe the multiplayer will add this. Hopefully they will have some more challenging encounters as well.

Anyways I am one of the few people really enjoying diablo 3, it is exactly what I expected from Blizzard and the franchise. Already clocked in more hours than I did on TL1 total.

Well the TL 2 wont be out till least June , so if possible maybe get a copy of TL 1 on STEAM , then u can try it out. Long story short if u like Diablo2 and Diablo3 then u will like TL
But....in term of storyline well , i still find Diablo is hell lot better. Gameplay , the TL skills are alot better if u ask me even comparing to D3

Back