• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Catalyst 12.4 Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmanwithplan

Hello forum.

I am having a problem after updating to the catalyst 12.4 drivers.

My PC is a Dell Inspiron One 2305

The Processor is an AMD Anthlon II X2 240e Processor, 2800 Mhz, Duel core, 2 logical processors

The graphics card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series.

The problem I'm having is in games like mw2, black ops, and mw3. Basically my guns will glitch up not allowing me to see through them. There will also be a thick fog on SOME of the maps.

If I use a sniper rifle, My camouflage will start to mess up and it will draw a line to my enemies position. (Through the walls, even if they move it will follow them). It's way to annoying to be used as a hack.

I tried downgrading my drivers, but that didn't fix it either.

I would love your help on this because I couldn't find any information about this anywhere.

12.4 was really buggy for me. Sound errors through TV, spontaneous crashing of the driver with my overclocks. I rolled back to 12.3 and it fixed all my issues.

With that said, did you download the 12.4 hot fix for the 4xxx series card? Might help you. If you did, go back to 12.3 and see if that works.

Roll back your drivers. Tweak your system till it works. I've recently discovered going to a basic theme helps.

Never mess with it again!

Back