• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lokith

Hi everybody: I was just wondering if anybody could tell me if this rig will fit together. I know it's probably just simple calculation but I always seem to fudge it somehow.

(MOBO) Asus/Intel P8Z77-V Pro, LGA 1155, ATX DDR3 2400
(CPU) Intel Core i5-3570K
(CPU COOLER) COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
(Case) COOLER MASTER HAF 922
(RAM) 8GB - CORSAIR Vengeance 8gb DDR3 1600
(Grph. Card) Power-Color Radeon HD 6850
(Hard Drive) Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm

Any and all feedback is appreciated, thanks :)

Looks like everything is compatible :)

If you are building a new system, you may want to look into a solid state drive (SSD) too. It will noticeably improve boot times and system responsiveness. You'll be glad you did it.

Looks like everything is compatible :)

If you are building a new system, you may want to look into a solid state drive (SSD) too. It will noticeably improve boot times and system responsiveness. You'll be glad you did it.

Thanks for the heads-up. Any suggestions on make/model etc..

What's your budget? You might be able to go with a cheaper case/motherboard/HDD to fit a better GPU for better gaming performance.

Thanks for the heads-up. Any suggestions on make/model etc..

NP. Look at the Corsair Force series. Intel also makes a good SSD, but they seem to be a bit more expensive.

Look for SATA 3 (6GB/s) support, and at least 120 Gb (you could do 60 Gb, but you won't have much room for anything besides your OS).

Stay away from OCZ.

What's your budget? You might be able to go with a cheaper case/motherboard/HDD to fit a better GPU for better gaming performance.

Budget isn't too strict; I'm hoping to keep it under $1,700-$1800 if possible.
I'm not too concerned with gaming ability right now; just trying to make a balanced middle range computer that will let me waste some time with games.

What were you thinking for the changes?

Last edited:
Look for SATA 3 (6GB/s) support, and at least 120 Gb (you could do 60 Gb, but you won't have much room for anything besides your OS).

So what am I looking to install on the SSD?
Does it replace the HDD or should I keep both?
I tried researching it a bit but I got a lot of mixed reviews and opinions.

Well, when it comes to SSD, you're going to want to put your OS and your most used programs/games. It will give you faster boot times, as well as faster in-game loading times. That's what you're really looking for with an SSD. Normally, you will run both SSD and HDD.

Well, when it comes to SSD, you're going to want to put your OS and your most used programs/games. It will give you faster boot times, as well as faster in-game loading times. That's what you're really looking for with an SSD. Normally, you will run both SSD and HDD.

That's what I was thinking :)
Thanks.

yea use the ssd for your os if its windows 7 x64 it will use up about 45gigs so i would probably go with at least a 120gb sata III drive.then get a regular HDD and use it for storage and backing up your system.

yea use the ssd for your os if its windows 7 x64 it will use up about 45gigs so i would probably go with at least a 120gb sata III drive.then get a regular HDD and use it for storage and backing up your system.

That works out quite nicely because it lets me lower the capacity and also the price for my HDD. I don't need a terrabyte if I'm throwing my more demanding things on my SSD.

Price balances to about the same but I like that.

That works out quite nicely because it lets me lower the capacity and also the price for my HDD. I don't need a terrabyte if I'm throwing my more demanding things on my SSD.

Price balances to about the same but I like that.

Scratch that lol
The price difference isn't worth the loss of capacity.

yea there dont seem to be much difference in price from 500gb,1tera or even the 1.5's right now

I run Windows 7 x64 Ultimate + Office + a few other programs, and I'm using about 25GB of space.

The biggest space user of anything is games, btw. My Steam folder takes up more space than almost all my other programs combined.

Back