• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

141x12on multi>almost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stick00

i booted my [email protected] It ran asome applications but when i turned on quake3 it ran about 5 min and blue screened me.my temp was only at 36c what you guys think i could do to make my rig stable at 141x12.?

im at 140x12=1.680ghz

PHP:
god i want 1.692 bad stable eheh

i can change my vio setting on my motherboard and boost 5% to 10% . but thats on mem and drives i think .you guys correct me if im wrong

Try to raise your core voltage on the processor. That might help you a little and you might also want to change the io voltage a little higher. It could be your memory that needs the boost.

heres my question to you guys. I have the same chip 1.4 T-Bird and just started really tring to OC. I upped my FSB and got it to 1460 but I beleive IE started crashing or it could have been something else but I'm going to try it again. How do you change the multiplier? Is it done physically on the board itself or in BIOS? and the same for Voltage? could you fill me in please!!:D

AMD'er:

you need to physically connect the L1 bridge on the cpu, and TB is easy, all you need is to use a fine pencil(0.2) and draw a line to connect the dots. for further details, go here .

as for voltage, you can set it by switching the jumper on your mobo, but the easiest way is to set it in your bios. check your mobo manual for further information.

Stick00:

you are using an IWILL, right? on my mobo, the 10% boost is for the vcore, which is for the CPU. For higher FSB, sometime you need to not only boost your CPU voltage, but also your memory's too. For memory's voltage, there should be a jumper on your mobo that let you set the voltage, the default on your mobo should be 2.5V, if you are on default, try to switch it to 2.6V. and what are your rams at? cas2?
if so, try to lower it to cas2.5 too, it may help you to push FSB higher.

hope this is helping you guys:D

Back