• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Typical "I'm upgrading, help me choose" Question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yabo

Alright, so many options my head wants to explode. I have a dinosaur for a vid card but I do mostly graphic/web design on my machine so it's served its purpose up until now. I don't game much anymore (gets in the way of my productivity, you know) but wouldn't mind getting back to playing some games. Most I want to spend is around 130ish and I have some Amazon credit so I've been poking around there.

Here's what I have: 768MB GeForce 9600 GSO (XFX Pine Group)

I found this and it gets some solid reviews. I love opinions, so please, have at it!

I just upgraded my system with a new SSD, AMD Phenom quad core and I have 8 gigs of RAM. My vid card is now my bottleneck and needs to go! Thanks!

Why not getting a 5850/5870 or 560ti used. Some have been bought new less than a year ago and are still under warranty.

+1 ^^ 5850/5870 and the 560ti are all much better cards if you want to go the pre-owned route.

You can be lucky: I grabbed a gtx580 evga for €162 incl.shipping on ebay last week.

I've never gone the used route before but I'll have a look.

Back