• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with a CC box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aviationfrk

Registered
HEPL!

One of my i7 machines has gone rogue and has defaulted to my pre CC settings. (aka not dumping work units to T32monkeys)

Does anyone have a quick reference or know the files I need to edit my Linux V7 username and passkey from the command line? I can ssh into this box from class but I won't be able to get to the GUI until tomorrow morning..

Please don't h8, I'm in a position where I can't research this right now but could quickly make a change via my ssh and my cell phone... considering the chimps..

Thanks!!

I believe it should be in an xml file. Although I'd assume like v6 you need to restart the client also.

We don't h8 it, but unfortunately, I don't know the answer, either. The file is "config.xml", but where it's located in a Linux rig, I couldn't tell you .

Should be able to search for it quickly enough since you know the exact filename, though.

Good luck!

So far, we're winning! :thup:

We don't h8 it, but unfortunately, I don't know the answer, either. The file is "config.xml", but where it's located in a Linux rig, I couldn't tell you .

Should be able to search for it quickly enough since you know the exact filename, though.

Good luck!

So far, we're winning! :thup:
Quick command to search for it:
Code:
find / -iname "config.xml"

If you have the mlocate package installed (might need to run updatedb first):
Code:
locate config.xml

@Adak I think I unintentionally sent you a PM which meant to be a reply to this post. Guess I need more coffee.

/etc/fahclient/config.xml

It is dumping to T32monkeys again and its a 4.4GHz 2600K!

Thanks all!!

Back