• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z77 Mobo Selection Help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tank Geek

Hi folks I am building my first rig and the Mobo I have picked out doesn't support 2133 RAM only up to 1600. Is that going to be a big deal for benching? Or should I pick another Mobo?

Normally, from what I understand, you won't really notice a difference in RAM speeds in the real world. I mean, that is if you're OCing the RAM and not buying a stock 2133 RAM. If you are buying a stock 2133 RAM, you're probably over-paying for not much more performance and I would go with 1600 or 1866.

The mobo in your sig? Supports it essentially, you will just have to raise the multiplier.

DDR3 2400(OC)/1600/1333/1066
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128545

Normally, from what I understand, you won't really notice a difference in RAM speeds in the real world. I mean, that is if you're OCing the RAM and not buying a stock 2133 RAM. If you are buying a stock 2133 RAM, you're probably over-paying for not much more performance and I would go with 1600 or 1866.
He did state he was benchmarking...which is where you would want that kind of ram (or a lot faster), otherwise, I absolutely agree. :thup:

I did not know you could OC your RAM too. I thought you had to buy your speed. I have a lot to learn I know. I am just trying to get the hardware ironed out first.

Yea, for some reason I missed that you were benching, my apologies. But yea, you can bench RAM, GPU, and CPU and possibly more if I'm missing anything. Though I don't know what else you would bench, fan RPMS? :shrug:

Lulz at fan RPMs... check out the link in my signature for more information (join the benching team)

@KennyWilson: assuming that is your real picture, u r the perfect spitting image of a man with that name from Dallas TX.... I just had to comment.

Back