• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon vendors price gouging on asus gtx 670 top

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think that you have to wait for a few month before price come down, because the GTX 6xxx is quite rare right now and that seller is trying to make a few extra buck :)
The other day i saw a EVGA GTX 690 sell for $1399 on Amazon (a $400 more expensive than at EVGA.com)

I suggest everyone leaves as many as they can until the price goes down to $420 like it should be. :salute:
Wouldn't a better solution be not buying it? If people are paying $475 for the card, it is the buyer's choice to pay for it and Amazon's choice to charge that much. If it isn't selling, then you will likely see the price drop. Posting fake reviews to the product isn't going to do anything other than get it deleted or have an action taken on your account.

Wouldn't a better solution be not buying it? If people are paying $475 for the card, it is the buyer's choice to pay for it and Amazon's choice to charge that much. If it isn't selling, then you will likely see the price drop. Posting fake reviews to the product isn't going to do anything other than get it deleted or have an action taken on your account.

I wouldn't call it a fake review. It's a review of the part at the current price, not the card itself. At that price it's a terrible deal and should be pushed to the bottom of the pile when somebody sorts by rating.

You are free to do what you want, of course, but it seems weird to go after a single product on Amazon because it is priced higher than other websites; especially when there are many other products that have the same thing done to them. Someone who wants to save money will shop around, see it is a bad deal, and go elsewhere. Making it a personal effort to post reviews on a product you haven't purchased just because you don't like the price seems a bit silly to me. :shrug:

For some reason I feel like a newegg link should be left in the reviews to help save someone from getting ripped. I wouldn't make a big effort but it feels kinda good.

Was going to post the same thing Shelnutt. Today, its ANTOnline selling cheapest. Amazon isnt selling them directly so why bash Amazon? Theres 5 retailers gouging because they have them instock. It has nothing to do with Amazon as they are just the middle man.

"The People" had nothing to do with it. Amazon got their own shipment and priced it how it should be. They have ZERO control over what their 3rd party vendors price their items.

The thread was barely half serious.

Back