• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Router Dropping Access to Internet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomBrooklyn

After swapping out my new Verizon DSL supplied 6100G modem for an old Verizon Westell 327 Versalink ethernet and wireless router-modem, and updating the firmware on it, so I could make a LAN; sometimes when accessing the internet, running a google search, and clicking on the results, some of the sites come back as:

Problem Loading Page
Server Not Found​

Often if I go back a little later I can get to that page.

What could be wrong with this router?

Is it something that can be fixed?

Is there a way to test it?

Etc.

If this problem did not occur with the old modem, it sounds like you are suffering some packet loss with the new hardware. More than likely, the buffer size of the older modem/router is smaller than the Verizon one and as it gets bombarded, it simply drops random data packets. I think the packet sniffer app Wireshark reports on successful vs dropped packets. Might be worth a try.

Or just buy a wireless router ;)

So just to be clear this happens both wired and wireless?

Did you test this modem/router before firmware update?

Try re-flashing back to different firmware.

I don't have any wireless devices.

I found out Verizon has a new modem available for their customers so I ordered one of them. It should be here in a few days.

I don't have any wireless devices.

I found out Verizon has a new modem available for their customers so I ordered one of them. It should be here in a few days.

I get connection loss/slows all the time... I have to reset the modem & router, just to make it better -_- lol.

Back