• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another what card to go to now question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azuza001

So I finally decided to take Earthdogs advice and am going to sell my 2 Geforce GTX 295's in the forums (will post later tonight) and my friend is going to buy my Radeon 6870 from me leaving me with cash but no card! Plus I'm getting a bonus from work next paycheck (300$ for just being here, who ho!) so now I have to figure out where I want to go.

I'm running an I7 870 at 3.6 (could probably push it harder with a better cooler if it causes severe bottlenecking, using an ok Zalaman at the moment) with 8 gigs Ram and Windows 7 64bit. I play a wide variety of games, Diablo 3 / Supreme Commander / Company of Heros / Deus Ex : HR / Metro 2033 / Crysis 2 / Command and conquer 3 to name a few, at 1080P but I'm thinking I want at least 2GB ram so that I don't run into any texture/AA/Filtering limits that I may hit later. Also who knows, I may upgrade my display sometime this year.

I was thinking a 6950 or higher on the ATI side and I have no idea what I would do on Nvidia's end. I don't want to pay much more than 250$. Suggestions?

Back