• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help How to Overclock my Intel Pentium Processor E2140 1.6 Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Venom24

I have Abit il9 pro motherboard whit ami bios How to Overclock my Intel Pentium Processor E2140 1.6 Ghz .I search on the internet but did not find anything for my bios and motherboard.
Sorry for my bad English

jIOa.jpg

YZsV.jpg

And this is pictures from BIOS
DhXV.jpg

mOVvg.jpg

Last edited:
Please use the standard size and color font.

The Abit IL9 Pro does not have the capability to overclock in the BIOS. Your only chance would be to use SetFSB or ClockGen and see if it has your PLL listed. If it does, you can change these values in Windows.

Honestly though, if you want to overclock, you should get hardware that actually supports it.

You will have to look on your board for the PLL and see if SetFSB or ClockGen has it as an option. If they don't, you won't be able to overclock on that board.

If your motherboard doesn't have a way to adjust front side bus (fsb) speed in bios. either a software program such as Thideras stated will allow you to change the fsb speed and there is another way to do so, but it isn't for the beginner or faint of heart. You can do a pad mod on some of the pads on the base of the processor (which contact the pins in the socket) in order to fool the motherboard to use a higher default front side bus speed at boot time. There is a thread here on doing a pad mod to change the default fsb speed on LGA775 processors, but like I stated, this really isn't for beginners to do.

thideras:I try whit setfsb but when i overclock my computer breaks

As I mentioned, you have to know your PLL to know what to select. Otherwise, if you just pick one and change the values, your system will crash or nothing will happen.

thideras:I choose the correct PLD here it is ICS954127BFLF (IL9 Pro) but again computer break
Evilsizer:can you tell me specifically what should I do

After you select that PLL, what do you do before it "breaks"?

My apologies, I thought you were saying something else with your first post. You may want to clarify in the future instead of a one word post. ;)

thideras:I do just like to show you the picture below(it is marked in red):

lGrhc.png

That is your problem, then. You can't just set it to a high value and expect it to work. Start with 5mhz steps.

I didnt once put on the 480 i just walk step by step and agin computer break

I'm having a difficult time understanding what you are saying. Anything below 480 works? If so, that is probably the limit of the chipset.

Back