• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pulling U-Verse multicast stream with PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
So, after 4 days of fighting, i finally got Multicast to pass over a wifi bridge to the STB in my room without choking everything. My PC, server, and xbox are also on the client end of this bridge. The router is broadcasting multicast to everything on this end of the bridge, so i was wondering if there's some way that i can set my computer up to actually USE the active multicast stream coming to the STB. I've heard VLC can read a multicast stream, but i have no clue how to go about it, or how to capture the stream the TV is getting.

So, after 4 days of fighting, i finally got Multicast to pass over a wifi bridge to the STB in my room without choking everything. My PC, server, and xbox are also on the client end of this bridge. The router is broadcasting multicast to everything on this end of the bridge, so i was wondering if there's some way that i can set my computer up to actually USE the active multicast stream coming to the STB. I've heard VLC can read a multicast stream, but i have no clue how to go about it, or how to capture the stream the TV is getting.

you have to have a compatible appp to recieve streams via multicast.

not only that, but hardware as well (router and switch, etc)

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Vlc-to-S...ple-Computers-on-Your-Network-Using-Multicast

this might help a little

Back