• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU for 1024x768

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhilsigma

Registered
Hey i want to buy a Graphics card for my pc but my current display supports only 1024x768 resolution...so please suggest me a good AMD/ATI Graphic card which can run the latest games....

my PC :-
Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 970 @3.5GHz
Motherboard : Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 rev3.1 (PCIe 16x - 1x2.0)
RAM : 4GB 1333 Corsair
PSU : 600W Corsair (48A on 12V)
Display : 1024x768

Note: Motherboard have a inbuilt ATI HD 4250 and manual says that i can put another card on PCIe16x in Crossfire with my current HD4250.

so please suggest a good AMD/ATI card which can display good graphics of latest games......but please consider that... i don't need high resolution :)

You need to push on that CPU at that resolution.

Anyway, what is your budget? I would say something like a 6850 would be plenty, and with the iGPU you could probably go less.

My Dual ATI 5770s in XFire can show 1024x768. When I play games on one monitor I change the resolution to that on the other monitor to read the walk thru or armor crafting guides, etc and the other monitor runs at 1900 for crisp gaming.

Edit: The resolutions you can use are mostly associated with the monitor output. Some LCDs cannot display 1024 or below but most go all the way to 800x600 due to boot up and installation issues caused by not having low resolution solutions.

Last edited:
Those arent dollars! But regardless you can overclock the cheaper card to that level easily yourself, so that answer is No, not worth it.

Back