• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All around good laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzzoe

Registered
Hi guys, I'm still kind of new here but some of you may have seen a few of my posts referring to a computer I've been excited to build this coming up month. Well, things have changed and I'm probably going to have to be on more of a mobile schedule for the next 5-8 months. This pretty much means a laptop would be more suited to my needs, unfortunately :(. I reluctantly started looking at a few laptops today out of curiosity, and was wanting a little input from the community(I've already had so much help, thanks!). Iv'e found 2 laptops that are actually quite affordable, and I THINK they may be worthwhile. As i said though I would really like your' input on whether or not these are even worth it. I've looked at the 2 different GPU's on notebookcheck, and it says they would both do fairly well on gaming. I'd like some input on everything else they have to offer though.

Option 1:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215261

Option 2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230236

My main question here being would either of these be suited for: light gaming (the usual diablo 3, League of Legends, and maybe some WoW after the new expansion), Web Design, and maybe some light audio editing thrown in as well(nothing major, just something I wanna pick up and learn)

It's going to suck not being able to build what I want. Although if I can find an affordable laptop to take it's place, that would be fine with me.

Thanks guys/gals!

I would agree with option 2 for those, if you do get it, please tell how they do with the games as I believe they should play them though I am not sure on what settings, assuming medium or semi high for wow...?

Thanks for the responses, I'll omit that first option. I'm still going to look around some more, but I was just kind of amazed at the spec's for that price lol. If and when I buy that one i'll make sure to let you know how well it plays the games :). If you guys come across anything you think might trump this, feel free to post them here! Any extra help would be appreciated :p.

I disagree with acer being junk. I think they are under rated in my opinion. If i had the money id have got the acer. Owner of an acer along with current market browsing strengthens my support of them.

WARRANTY and extra features are important also. It would be cool if asus let you oc laptop and still have a stellar warranty. Acer warranty could be better.

Wish they had better build your own options

Back