• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K2500 multiplier is not falling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h2g-vaka

Hi,

I got issue maybe hour ago with my CPU. I first experienced spikes and then saw what's the issue... For no reason my multiplier is not falling any more. It's stuck at max 44x. But CPU usage is 1-2%. This is pretty strange. I have OC it 3-4 months ago, at 44x or 4.4Ghz with 1.35v. Temperature don't go high i mean it goes 10c higher on idle than with flexible multiplier but it's ok at 44c. And i have Noctua NH-C14.

Someone can help?

go into the bios and see what EIST and C1E is set too. if you want the multi to go down when idle then your EIST setting needs to be enabled. if it is enabled but sounds like it is sticking to 44x. disable EIST and reboot, then shut off the computer, start the computer back and re-enable EIST. that should fix it if it is sticking but i kinda sounds like some how the EIST function got disabled. either that or your updated the bios and now when you manually select a multi even with EIST enabled. the multi doesnt jump down or could be a bug in the current bios if you havent updated it.

Thanks for the answer guys. Don't know what was the issue. New version of Bios is released so i flash it, reverse back to defaults and done overclock once again. Now it's fine.

I done already same OC I have had before. 1.35v, 44x. And now it works fine. I have Asus Sabertooth P67, with newest Bios version.

Back