• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan recommendations..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThatOtherGuy

So i've been scouring all over the internet on some options to cool down my pc by a touch and I came across the concept of replacing my case fans. My case is a thermal take lag box light and has one 90mm fan and two 60mm fans with an option adding an additional one.

Any suggestions on improving these stocks here?

Another thing I wish to ask is that do you guys know any good low profile cpu fans? Ones that would fit on an micro atx board in a form factor case.

Thanks a bunch!

First, it would be helpful if you had linked to your case, as many of us might not be familiar with it (including me). Is it this Thermaltake LANBOX Lite VF6000BWS Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case? From the fans you describe as needing, that's the closest I could come up with.

Since you have a window in that case, how important to you is it for the fans to have led lights? If not important, then I would suggest a couple of Panaflo FBA06A12L fans for the exhaust side (60x25 mm) and a Panaflo FBA09A12L1 (92 mm) for your intake. If led lights are something you want, then try out the original fans to see how well they do.

As for cooling, you haven't given any specifics on what kind of hardware you are running. If it's anything but LGA2011, I would recommend then Prolimatech Samuel 17, but they are out of stock at Sidewinder Computer Systems and the only other place that comes up with a quick search is AVA Direct at way way over-inflated pricing. I would go with the stock heatsink before getting raped by AVA Direct. Another choice that might fit is the Thermalright AXP-140-RT.

Back