• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking the i7 2600k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lysolabuser

Registered
Hi guys, this is my first post here on the forums, and I was hoping to get some help from you guys since I have basically zero experience with overclocking cpus etc. I just got my new comp in today after having it custom built, here are the specs so you could probably help me out further.

Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77
CPU: i7 2600k
GPU: GTX 570
Cooling: Corsair H60

I would like to overclock my cpu up to 4.2 or 4.5... Is it safe to do so? Do I have to mess with the voltage at all? Or just up the multiplier? Hope to hear from you guys thanks in advance.

Im pretty confused haha, but I'm thinking of just going up to 4.2ghz, no more for now... How would I go about that?

I have the same processor and I overclocked mine to 4429Mhz with asus ai suite II > turbo V evo

All you have to do is just select auto tune and let the software adjust all the multipliers and voltage (The clock speed may vary)

Back