• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH good for 1866mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oldDirty

Hi all,
i run this pair of Dram above, runs fine with 1600mhz 8-8-8-22 1T unganged 1.5V.
But if i try for 1800/186x i have bad result, no post of mainboard anyway.
I try for higher cl timing and also 1.55-1.6 Volt but wont boot.
I do clock down all other frequenzies, so i dont have a issue by chipset or cpu.
I read a review, that this ram is good for 2Ghz, but is it ok for AMD Sys?
i have a MSI 890FXA-GD70 Beta Bios ( BD ready ) and a 960T Phenom.

What CPU? Unless you have a Bulldozer based chip, you will be hard pressed to get anything over 1600Mhz. Good thing memory speeds dont really matter anyway! :)

Yup, not happening without Bulldozer. Though the ram may get that high, it needs a quality memory controller to do so, and a 960T isnt it. Thats Phenom II, not BD.

What CPU? Unless you have a Bulldozer based chip, you will be hard pressed to get anything over 1600Mhz. Good thing memory speeds dont really matter anyway! :)

I read a review, that this ram is good for 2Ghz, but is it ok for AMD Sys?
i have a MSI 890FXA-GD70 Beta Bios ( BD ready ) and a 960T Phenom.
:eek:

Like Earthdog said, it will be hard to make it stable @1800+ and you won't see any performance boost because of higher memory clock.
You can always try to set higher CPU-NB voltage ( 1.3V+ or something near, depends from IMC ) and looser timings and maybe it will work.

Edit: replying to posts in the same time gives weird results ...
Edit2: Looks like 1.65-1.70V won't hurt for these sticks.

Last edited:
No succes at any setting, i turn up any Voltage, clock down cpu, nothing.
So, maybe, the 960T it selves dont like?

Its the IMC on those CPU's (Phenom II, not specifically the 960t) that are notoriously weak.

These cpus have memory controller designed for DDR3-1333 and really there is hard to notice any difference above 1600 ( not saying that most Phenoms don't like 1800+ ). Better effects will give higher CPU-NB clock and memory @1600 but tighter timings than higher memory clock but looser timings.
1600 8-8-8-24 1.50V is already good so I would try 1600 7-8-7 up to 1.60-1.65V if you want to make it faster ( not that you will really see any difference in performance ;) )

edit: bang, again the same time :p ... and I just logged for like 5 mins :D

I dont want to run 1866 permanently, just testing if the Memory can do. I know the Phenom have no hugh improvement on higher Memclocks.
I just thought maybe i can use this Ram also for a BD too.

See, now with BD, you can see if the memory can make it. Right now, your CPU IMC is likely the culprit in holding that back. :)

IF you want more performance those 960T have a high success unlocking to 6 cores when i helped my friend upgrade his pc they were out of 1090T and 1100Ts so I had him get that as the best bet for a good hexa - he unlocks it FULLY FUNCTIONAL 6 cores + associated memory. Unlocking to 6 cores however requires that your motherboard has some core unlocking feature.

Luckily for you, you happen to have it, its called unlock cpu core consult your manual on how to do it. It might be as easy as pressing an F# button during post I'm sure one of you guys knows it off the top of your heads, dont be stingy :D

ok but what is it to do with my memory settings?
I already try it to unlock, only 5 working cores, one is really bad, won't boot with it.
But thats not the (ex)topic. It seem this 960T dont like very high "FSB".

ok but what is it to do with my memory settings?
I already try it to unlock, only 5 working cores, one is really bad, won't boot with it.
But thats not the (ex)topic. It seem this 960T dont like very high "FSB".

The 960T doesn't care whether you overclock it with the multiplier or the fsb or a combination of the two. It will overclock to the same level with either or both. The limitation with fsb you are experiencing is more likely the motherboard. What motherboard are you using? And don't forget, if you increase the fsb the CPU frequency will get higher as well so you may have to lower the multiplier to compensate.

Please post pics of CPU-z tabs: CPU, Memory, SPD and Motherboard with your next post.

Back