• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CrossFire radeon hd 5830 xtreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FatFue

Registered
I know the 5830 is an old card and but I was curious and wanted some insight. If i decided to go out of my way to buy another 5830 xtreme edition and cross fired what would performance wise be like compared to new generation cards.

I cant imagine it to be great... those are kind of slow cards... I would guess around a 560ti or 6870 level...

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/303?vs=292

This is a comparision to a 5850CF vs. a 6970. You will beat out and single card but your power draw and the money invested wouldn't make much sense since a newer card will last longer in terms of upgrading to future CF. With single card solutions you also do'nt have the headache of driver issues that have plauged AMD/ATI cards in newer games and won't have micro stutter.

So lets say scratch that idea and decide to upgrade to a 7850 do u think my FX 4100 would bottle neck on it since the 4100 is a pretty crappy cpu or should i just wait and save a good 700-800 dollars and go for an 2nd or 3rd gen i5 build with a 7850? Or save my self 200 dollars and just upgrade my cpu and gpu say FX 8150 and a 7850?

Back