• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A good mic for voice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kristian221

I wanted to get a really nice mic for voice recording, there were several projects coming up I wanted to do some recording for. Just as well I would use it for little things like skype and as a general mic. The one I was really hearing a lot about was the Blue Yeti. I have listened to voice samples and watched tech spotlights on it, and I am just not sure. It sounds good but without recording myself you never know how your voice will sound. Can any audio fans out vouge for this product, or think of one better in terms of price/quality? I have heard the Yeti is the best when it comes to price/Quality but I am no audio expert :p

I would need a rich saudi prince to lend me some money for that. Luckily I have an email hear stating I am one and all I have to do is pay $2,000 to inherit my fortune.
Just kidding,

I don't really have a music store around my town even, online is my only option.

I would need a rich saudi prince to lend me some money for that. Luckily I have an email hear stating I am one and all I have to do is pay $2,000 to inherit my fortune.
Just kidding,

I don't really have a music store around my town even, online is my only option.
I've gotten emails telling me that there was a wire transfer from brussels waiting from some guy that was obviously related to me in zaire dying with some 11 digit fortune that I'm destined to inherit....

Look into the vintage Electro Voice mics, lots of them for under $300. EV holds the most patents in voice recording/PA technology, and many of their older units are highly sought after. As a matter of fact, theyre the only company to win a Grammy, due to their shotgun mic. As you know, Grammys are always won by individuals and not entities.

I'm using an 'acoustic' mic made by Shure, model PG-81. Works great for voice too, which makes sense since the voice is an acoustic instrument too.

Last edited:
These both look like good choices as well. The price point of the Yeti seems to be very nice for its features though, I found one for $109. Anything else around that price range?

Back