• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ps3 hard drive corrupted loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marketpantry

i keep getting the corrupted hdd message. i have it plugged into my computer right now. how do i run tests on it to find out whats wrong?
2yo23x3.jpg

EDIT: I PUT THE ORIGINAL HDD IN THE FREEZER. HOPEFULLY ILL BE ABLE TO GET THE DATA OFF OF IT.

Last edited:
Reallocated sectors means sectors are failing. The disk is broken, there isn't anything you can do.

if it still runs at all in your ps3 i would get yourself a usb back up drive and run a system backup on it then swap out the bad drive might as well get yourself a larger drive all the 320GB laptop drives fit it and some 500GB also get a 7200rpm drive it will run little better for you and cut down on some load times.
i replaced the one in mine before i even turned my ps3 on the first time=)
another thought is you can stick a 120 SSD in it for like $90 from what i hear they work great in them.

I PUT AN 80 GB SSD IN MY PS3. IM USING AN EXTERNAL HDD TO TRY AND PUT THE UPDATE ON IT. BUT IT CANT FIND THE UPDATE FILE. I PUT THE FOLDERS IN CORRECTLY PS3 AND THEN AN UPDATE FOLDER.

EDIT I PUT IT ON BOTH PARTITIONS AND ITS WORKING NOW. MY SSD IS ONLY SATA II. WILL I NOTICE A BIG BOOST IN SPEED?

Last edited:
it looks like there update procedure changed since i did mine it says to copy the update from the usb drive over to the hard drive before running it.also i think the external or usb flash drive have to be formatted to fat32 to work on ps3.

Why are you typing in all caps?

There were some tests done on SSD's in the PS3 and if I remember correctly, there wasn't a huge difference.

Why are you typing in all caps?

There were some tests done on SSD's in the PS3 and if I remember correctly, there wasn't a huge difference.

i was on android on my hp touchpad. its glitchy for typing sometimes.

it looks like there update procedure changed since i did mine it says to copy the update from the usb drive over to the hard drive before running it.also i think the external or usb flash drive have to be formatted to fat32 to work on ps3.

that would be so awesome! ill try to find a guide on using a usb hdd.

Back