• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows experience :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

well seems i was wrong in my thoughts.. although the OS is running better than the shipped install from hp .. my experience score dropped :(

graphics went from 4.5 to 4.4 .... i expected to gain a .1 not lose one ..lol

CPU - 6.7
mem - 5.9
GPU - 4.4
Gaming Graphics - 6.1
HD - 5.9

i know this isnt the preffered way to meeasure but kinda interested what others are getting ... and im bored

hp laptop g7-1365dx A6-3420, 6520g, 4gb ram, 650gb hd

i know this isnt the preffered way to meeasure but kinda interested what others are getting

I haven't ran this in awhile on my system, but you are correct...this isn't the way to measure performance. Ignoring the 'Windows Experience' score is your best bet. :)

Having said that, you can always update your drivers and such.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I would imagine that the conditions which a laptop runs can vary significantly enough to effect how windows scores your computer. Did you have the power settings for your laptop at high performance and the computer plugged into a wall?

I've always wanted to say this. Contrary to what everyone is saying, and that is WEI can be completely ignored, I find it provides me with a good gauge as to how my hardware is doing. Say, for example, when my HDD (actually SSD) score drops from 7.9 to 7.7 I know the SSD needs attending to. Maybe I didn't install a driver properly or maybe the SSD needs to be secure erased. Once I have taken the appropriate measures the score will normally go back to 7.9 and I know everything is alright.

That's just me though.

Back