• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I force 1920 x 1080 on a 1920 x 1200 monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

I have a 7970 running a Dell U2412M, and want to be able to set it to 1920x1080. I know the image will look slightly stretched due to it being not a natural resolution, but am still trying to do it non the less. Is there a way this can be done? Thanks.

Should be more then possible. Just check the Windows settings. If the resolution isn't available there, just goto the ATI panel and it should be available there, either as a normal stretched resolution, or possibly a 1:1 pixel ratio.

You can. But why would you want to? It'll be stretched; somewhat pixelated and lack crispness.

For what purpose o.o

But what mpegger said should work fine.

It won't give me the option to choose any 16:9 resolution in either CCC or windows options. Even if I got into the advance options for windows, and choose list all modes, it still won't give me the option for 16:9 resolutions.

You can. But why would you want to? It'll be stretched; somewhat pixelated and lack crispness.

For what purpose o.o

But what mpegger said should work fine.

Starcraft 2 you can see like an extra inch on the screen in 16:9 than u can in 16:10. I've been looking into the same because I need a new monitor but I don't want a native 16:9 one. Some of us take games as serious as a heart attack :attn:

I don't think you can force 1920 x 1080 resolution on a 1920 x 1200 monitor because your monitor can't handle it and will most likely go "out of range".
In other words after increasing the resolution, your monitor could go blank.

I can force 16:10 1920x1200 on my 16:9 2560x1440 display, i cant see why you shouldnt be able to do the same for yours. Its in the ati control panel under desktop management/desktop properties for me. 6950, cat 12.4.

I don't think you can force 1920 x 1080 resolution on a 1920 x 1200 monitor because your monitor can't handle it and will most likely go "out of range".

He's lowering it. So that probably will be fine.

I had no problem forcing 1024x768 on a 1440x900 19 inch LCD.

Back