• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build random BSOD, no idea where to start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DareMe55

Build is little over 2 weeks old. Didnt notice any problems at first. Then when I wake up on some mornings I get a message saying my comp recovered from a BSOD. Now its crashing when under heavy load, or gaming.

Here is a error log if it helps:

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	BlueScreen
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:	1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:	f4
  BCP1:	0000000000000003
  BCP2:	FFFFFA8010443B30
  BCP3:	FFFFFA8010443E10
  BCP4:	FFFFF8000318C510
  OS Version:	6_1_7601
  Service Pack:	1_0
  Product:	768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\060812-9765-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Collin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-15366-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Could it maybe be my memory? How could I start to troubleshoot this problem and what programs will help me?

Is this overclocked at all?

It does sound like a memory issue but that could mean not that the memory is necessarily bad but that it is incorrectly configured in bios.

The most commonly used ram testing software is Memtest86+. Install it on a self-booting usb stick or removable media of some kind and let it run for several hours. If it turns up errors then repeat the test with only one stick of ram until you have tested each one.

Is this overclocked at all?

It does sound like a memory issue but that could mean not that the memory is necessarily bad but that it is incorrectly configured in bios.

The most commonly used ram testing software is Memtest86+. Install it on a self-booting usb stick or removable media of some kind and let it run for several hours. If it turns up errors then repeat the test with only one stick of ram until you have tested each one.

not overclocked, and I changed the ram to the profile setting that sets it to the correct ram timings

Try running prime95 or LinX. That will tell if it's your cpu or video card.

Good idea. When you run Prime95, run the other tests, not the "blend" test which stresses memory a lot. You want to put more stress on the CPU since you've already tested the ram.

Try running prime95 or LinX. That will tell if it's your cpu or video card.

What is linX? I cant find the program because Im not sure what Im looking for.

Also running prime didnt bring up any errors, maybe I can try for longer later. But I BSOD again today. And its only when I lock my computer and ago AFK. When I come back it says it recovered from a BSOD. It's only happened once or twice while im gaming, and I play alot, but it happens every few nights it seems when Im not using it.

Any suggestions on what I can/should do? It's still blue screening every 3-5 days when idle. Ive been doing some googling and it seems as though it is a HD issue, but I dont know if its my SSD or my regular HDD. Besides buying 2 new harddrives and trying it out I dont know what to do.

Back