• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cd-key win98

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ferria

hi guys,

Does somebody know how to find out the cd-key for my win98 cd?
software came already loaded with my pc, now I need to reload win98. Before I delete this installation I need to find out the cd-key. Please help, thanks in advance.

ferria said:
hi guys,

Does somebody know how to find out the cd-key for my win98 cd?
software came already loaded with my pc, now I need to reload win98. Before I delete this installation I need to find out the cd-key. Please help, thanks in advance.

run regedit in either Normal or Safe Mode. Do a search (find) for

ProductKey

One word.....eventually it will bring up your Win98 Product key.

still not finding cd-key

any other way to find it?

Re: still not finding cd-key

ferria said:
any other way to find it?

Why? If you haven't deleted the install yet, why can't you do this? If it is warez I'm gonna have a serious problem understanding, as will the mods.

cd-key

maybe I`m doing it wrong. I go to start, then Find, then Files and folders, type in prductkey and hit Find now. Doesn`t bring up any productkey numbers. (It`s my first time looking for cd-key)

If you still have all the stuff that come with the computer it will be with the paperwork. You normally get a book of some sort with the COA on the outside of it.

Look around on the case for a microsoft product Identifaction label. Thats where you can find the CD-Keys on a lot of the newer computers.

regedit is the best way to go. Go to Start, Run, type Regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion and check the "ProductKey" string, you'll get your CD-Key

Oni said:

You're right, its not. Idk what the hell that is . . .

I believe it's just a registration code. But it's not the Product ID #.

I was wondering what was going on. I answered a simple question....14 posts later....he did what I suggested! lol

ah well

cw823 said:
I was wondering what was going on. I answered a simple question....14 posts later....he did what I suggested! lol

ah well
Ah, the simple joys of being a moderator. LOL

Back