• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking E8400 on OEM Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheeseiron

Registered
Hello. I have a dell optiplex 755 (MT). My processor is the Intel E8400 @3.0ghz. I understand that there is is a way to increase the FSB through a sort of pin mod known a "BSEL". I know that there are two methods, connecting two pins, and taping certain pins. I am a bit of a noodb at this and am having trouble finding which is the method to be used to OC this CPU, if it is at all possible. I understand that I'd be better off with an 115 socket or whatever mobo but I have a tight budget, being only 16 years old, and that is not much of an immediate option.

Thank you! I hope someone can help! :rock:

Yeah, it actually does, good find! You would just need to follow the HHL pattern to get 400 MHz. I would test this with a non-permanent mod just in case your motherboard doesn't support that speed.

Thanks! But um, how would I make it non-permanent? Just use conductive tape?... or is there another way?...

That is a question I cannot answer. I've never done this myself, I just know about it. Looking at the front page article you linked, there may not be a way to do a temporary one.

OK, well it seems like I can do a temporary mod with simple copper tape... Thank you so much! I'll get back to you regarding how this goes... I've Finals to study for... :p

Back