• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barebone or Brand name PC for photographer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hasselblad

Registered
I am sure it is a basic PC question. I would like to buy a fast PC desktop for my business. I am a wedding photographer. I need a PC which enables to process and flip through thousands of large 20-35MP wedding photos fast.... Should I buy a noname custom built pc on ebay or I should go for a brand name? (HP, DELL, etc.) which is a better deal and offers better price/performance ratio...?

Please don't make multiple threads on the same topic. You can get your other thread moved to this section if the course of discussion has changed.

That being said, everyone here is going to suggest that you build your own, as it's relatively simple and offers the best price/performance, plus if it breaks, you know how to fix it and it results in less down time.

Please don't make multiple threads on the same topic. You can get your other thread moved to this section if the course of discussion has changed.

That being said, everyone here is going to suggest that you build your own, as it's relatively simple and offers the best price/performance, plus if it breaks, you know how to fix it and it results in less down time.

I am sorry! You are right!

It depends on how much hard ware knowledge you have. my bro in law just started building computers, He built his home computer and runs his own business, but for that he got Dells, simply because of their warranty, if it messes up, he gets a replacement same day. He doesn't have to trouble shoot etc.

It depends on how much hard ware knowledge you have. my bro in law just started building computers, He built his home computer and runs his own business, but for that he got Dells, simply because of their warranty, if it messes up, he gets a replacement same day. He doesn't have to trouble shoot etc.

I see! Thakns!

[Insert Obligatory Self-Advertising Post]
We (Velocity Micro) offer many options for professional workstations.
If you don't know anyone that can build a PC for you, and don't trust yourself to buy one, I highly suggest you go with a brand like us.

If you want more help or suggestions with going through us, feel free to PM me on here and I'll walk you through the steps.

Whether or not you go through Velocity, I would HIGHLY suggest staying away from pre-built machines.

edit-
I forgot to mention, we have 100% US-based support ;)

[Insert Obligatory Self-Advertising Post]
We (Velocity Micro) offer many options for professional workstations.
If you don't know anyone that can build a PC for you, and don't trust yourself to buy one, I highly suggest you go with a brand like us.

If you want more help or suggestions with going through us, feel free to PM me on here and I'll walk you through the steps.

Whether or not you go through Velocity, I would HIGHLY suggest staying away from pre-built machines.

edit-
I forgot to mention, we have 100% US-based support ;)

do you have a website with price and hardware options?

Back