• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking VTX3D HD 7970 x-edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

disaster101

Registered
well ive not seen many reviews but one review said that this card highest overclock is 1100/1750mhz. i have this card and for the gpu ive got 1125mhz easy but anyway my main question would be has anyone got this gpu and whats there max overclock so far :)

I mean everyone's will be different, none are the same. Push it and find out where the limit is. But a mere 50Mhz overclock isnt squat (1100Mhz), neither is 1125Mhz on a 7970. Not sure why anyone hit a limit so low... especially with voltage control.

well managed to get 1160mhz stock volts couldnt get 1200 with stock but 1.2v seemed to work but thought stick it to stock and keep it at the speed i mentioned till i read in to it more also want to see the highest safe voltage for the after market cooler im using

also got another question H/W monitor says its running 1.7 even when i pushed it to 2.0 same with when i do the test thing with msi afterburner and gpu z shows the same thing except it can be lower at times is there a way to stop this so i can increase the voltage?

Whoa... needed to insert mental periods to read that. :p

What is running 1.7/2.0? Not sure what you are talking about in your second post.

sorry loooooooooooooong night im on about the voltage for the gpu it reads 1.7 on msi after burner and H/W monitor when ive bumped the voltage higher than what it shows, any reason why that is?

Back