• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1600MHz RAM HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bracaroiq

I have an ASUS MAXIMUS lll GENE and I had 8GB 2x4 1333Mhz RAM on it and it was running great but the other day i got a deal on a Corsair Vengeance 16GB 4X4GB 1600MHz and since I put them on my games are running slower my internet pages are opening slower everything is much slower, can someone help me

Have you manually set the speed, timings, and voltage for the new RAM in the BIOS? Can you post a screenshot of the "CPU", "Memory", and "SPD" tabs?

Ya i went on bios had to change the profile to x.m.s i believe so i could get the 1600MHz and i also tried running them in 1333MHz

f2v9s7.jpg

Sorry, I realize I missed the last part of my post. Using CPUz, can you post a screenshot of the "CPU", "Memory", and "SPD" tabs?

That looks correct to me. I'd suggest trying half the sticks to see if that continues to run slow.

Have you tried the old sticks to make sure it is the RAM? Have you run any stability tests on the new RAM?

I'm not sure this is a RAM problem at this point.

ya the old rams work great no problem i tried a couple of games and with ym old rams i get 200fps with the new ones i get 60

Can you post your full system specs please?

What happens if you set the new RAM to 1333 MHz? Does it run better?

Can you post your full system specs please?

What happens if you set the new RAM to 1333 MHz? Does it run better?

it runs the same as in 1600MHz

i5 661 3.33GHz
16GB
WIndows 7 Home Premium 64Bits
Asus Maximus lll GENE
Nvidia GTS 450
OCZ 650 W
BLue Caviar 500GB HDD

Back