• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 2600k 4.5OC... Are my temps too high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lysolabuser

Registered
I had a stable overclock at 4.2 maxxing out at around 68c, at 1.22v on full load. Today I wanted to bump it up a notch and go for 4.5 at 1.30v on full load it has been around 5 hours now and Prime 95 is still running with no problems and the max tempature I have gotten so far according to CoreTemp is 77c, and on HW Monitor it says my highest core got to 76c but 78c on the "package." Do you guys think the tempature is way too high? Realistically will I ever hit that high numbers while I'm Gaming/Streaming??? I mostly play WoW/Starcraft 2/Diablo 3... and usually live stream alot. What do you guys think? Are these temps expected even when I have a Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler for the CPU?

*I also ran IntelBurnTest on Maximum Stress Level 10 Runs, and the max temp came out to be 76c.*

Computer specs:
Motherboard - Sabertooth Z77
CPU - i7 2600k with Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler
GPU - GTX 570

Last edited:
you want to keep the sandy bridge cpu's below 70C, You may wish to try reseating the h60, because it should do much better than that.

My h100 keeps my 2500K @ 4.6ghz w/ 1.32V going through it at less than 50C

You want to keep sb under 80c for daily use. Under 70c is incredibly conservative as even 80c is conservative.

^I agree with ED.

Even in the mid 80's under Prime95, you're fine. And 1.3v is "almost" the stock voltage. These CPU's are designed to run up to 98°C@stock.

No worries.

BUT... but... but, as Jimmy Boy says, 76°C seems a tad high with a H60. What's your ambient?

Iyasole can you clarify what each temperatures at?
I know each board and board maker has different names for certain areas measured so could you post a pic from HW monitor and coretemp?

My ambient tempature was at like 80f when it spiked to 77c on prime, other than that it always stayed around 70c when my a/c kicked on.

*I started playing WoW/D3 while streaming and the hottest it ever got was around 62c.*

Last edited:
IBT: I ran this right after PRIME95

PRIME 95: Max temps reached 77c on one core, my house was pretty hot at like 79/80F... I put the A/C on and tempatures dropped from 76c to like 70c.. After about 10 minutes.

I say remount and if the numbers dont change down clock or get an H100 and do a push pull set up. Youll need additional screws(and fans) the type of screws are as follows

4__ 6x32 threads 1 1/4 inch long homedepot ace etc will have them

here is a link to to a great price for the h100 http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Serie...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339810737&sr=8-1&keywords=h100

before deciding on anything though wait to see what these guys have to offer you never know when some1 has a gem of an idea! Good luck!

Last edited:
Back